Welcome to Memorial Presbyterian Preschool
We know that parents are their child's first teachers, which is why we partner with parents to provide a successful transition to preschool which continues throughout the child's preschool journey. MPP believes that through this partnership, children will thrive in our preschool setting. They are invited into an environment in which they can play, learn, and grow intellectually, emotionally, socially, physically, and spiritually.
Our philosophy of "children learn through their play" is evident in all aspects of our preschool. From the developmentally appropriate classrooms to the structure of classroom schedules, our mission of creating a joy for learning is noticeable.
Being part of a private/cooperative preschool gives parents access to experts on child development through their qualified teachers. We recognize the child is a part of the whole and each part needs to be nurtured and encouraged. At our preschool, parents have an opportunity to know their child's friends and their parents. We truly are one big family, supporting not only the child but the whole family!
MPP offers private as well as cooperative options for children in all classes. Family situations are unique and MPP strives to accommodate each family. When a family chooses a private spot, we are blessed to have outstanding aides assist the teacher. Families who choose a private spot still have the advantage of belonging to a cooperative preschool through fulfilling a school/classroom job. If the cooperative option works for your family, you will assist in the classroom as well as fulfill a school/classroom job.
Expectations of Private/ Cooperative Families
- Assist in the classroom once every two to three weeks (cooperative only)
- Be responsible for an after-class job (board position, play-dough maker, etc.)
- Attend scheduled mandatory meetings and events (two to three per year)
- Meet health requirements
- Pay registration fee and tuition in a timely manner
- Participate in fund-raisers
- Use time, talents, and ideas to contribute to the success of the preschool
At MPP, we help children develop into healthy individuals who can successfully and happily cope with the world and environment within a faith-based setting. We provide a well-rounded program in which learning experiences are provided through hands-on activities in art, music, literature, science, mathematics, dramatic play, motor development, and outdoor activities. We stress the importance of a stimulating environment in which children may safely investigate and explore their surroundings.
The unique qualities of our preschool are:
- Full age range of classes for children ages two to five
- Cooperative school philosophy with parent involvement and participation in your child’s education
- On-site playground equipment suitable to preschool-age children
- Over fifty-five years of award-winning preschool education rooted in the center of Midland
- Child-centered education that surpasses state preschool standards and features Zoo-phonics and the innovative Handwriting Without Tears curriculum
MPP admits students of any race, color, religion, and national or ethnic origin. MPP is licensed by the Michigan Department of Education, the Department of Human Services, and the Department of Consumer and Industry Services. MPP is housed inside Memorial Presbyterian Church, and we are an multi-denominational preschool that welcomes all children into a warm Christian environment.
School Visits & More Information
You are welcome to visit our facilities and you are encouraged to observe our classes. To schedule a visit or to receive more information about our preschool, please contact Ashley Tazelaar at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Memorial Presbyterian Church at email@example.com or 810-355-6944. Click here for a Registration Form.
Visit us on Facebook at Memorial Presbyterian Preschool (Midland, Michigan) to see pictures of who we are and what we do.